Mmm mole. As a kid I remember looking forward to eating mole on special occassions. So yummy, but we always had to wait for it. Not anymore though, thanks to DOÑA MARÍA®’s rich, flavorful mole paste. Now we can enjoy it any day of the week. If you’re excited like I was, have I got some easy to make enmoladas – chicken mole enchiladas – to help you elevate your dinners.
Here’s what you’ll need.
- red onion, finely diced, to your tasting
- cilantro, finely diced, to your tasting
- 8 ounces Queso fresco (fresh cheese) crumbled (About 2 cups)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (from your favorite deli)
- 2 tbsp DOÑA MARÍA®’s rich, flavorful mole paste
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock or water
- 12 corn tortillas
Pour the 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock or water into a skillet and heat over a medium high heat. As the stock heats, warm up the corn tortillas on the comal (griddle) or for even faster results, heat the tortillas in the microwave.
Once the stock has warmed, add in the 2 tbsp of DOÑA MARÍA® Mole to the skillet. Whisk until it dissolves, turn the heat to low, and allow it to simmer for about 2-4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens to your liking. If it is too thick, add in more stock or water. If it’s too thin, add in some more mole.
Now you’re ready to coat your tortillas. Dip them one by one into the warm mole sauce and flip them so both sides are covered.
Place the covered tortilla on you prep plate and begin layering the ingredients. (Warning, this step can be messy, so keep your dish towel or a stack of napkins handy.) I generally start with a layer of the shredded chicken, followed by onion, cilantro, and queso fresco crumbles.
Once filled to your liking, roll the tortilla and place it on your serving plate. Continue until all your tortillas are filled. Then smother them with any leftover sauce and top with more of the crumble the cheese, onions, cilantro, and serve.
Ready to be wowed by other exciting ways to use this versatile sauce to elevate your meals? Then you’ve gotta head here!
¡Buen provecho! Enjoy!
What’s your favorite DOÑA MARÍA® Mole recipe?
Latest posts by Rocio Chavez (see all)
- How to Let Passion, Not Fear, Be Your Decision Maker, with Anu Gunn - January 12, 2018
- Oaxacan Stuffing with Fennel + Holiday Fun with Kroger - December 11, 2017
- How to Dust Yourself Off and Try Again with Bren Herrera - December 8, 2017