Yes, International Random Acts of Kindness Week is back and it runs from February 9-15, 2015. Perfect timing if you ask me. Just as everyone is back in the giving and loving mood with Valentine’s Day around the corner, why not go a little further spreading love and kindness throughout the week.
Just like grand romantic gestures aren’t needed to let your loved ones know they are loved on Valentine’s Day and every day of the year, grand gestures aren’t needed to show kindness either. All you need is to do is set your ego aside and let your heart lead the way.
To help, I’ve compiled a simple list on some things you can do to participate during Random Acts of Kindness Week and even for the rest of your life if you so choose. Then post/share them on social media to encourage others to do the same.
Here they are, from easiest to those requiring a little work on your part.
- Hold The Door Open For Someone
- Let Someone Go In Front Of You In Line
- Help Someone Load Or Unload Their Groceries
- Reach Out To Someone You Haven’t Talked To In A While
- Stop Negative Conversations
- Leave A Coupon Behind To Pass On Savings To Someone Else
- Pay The Tab For The Person Behind You
- Donate Blood
- Donate Your Time Or Money To A Local Charity
- And Most Importantly – Be Kind To Yourself. An important note is to offer yourself as much self-care as you offer others. Without it you may not be around to help others as much as you’d like or for as long as you’d like. Think about it.
Just a few of the many things you can do to help bring awareness to the week and allow gratitude into your heart. So by all means, have fun and enjoy spreading kindness to everyone that passes your path this week!
What will you be doing to help spread Random Acts of Kindness?