Super Easy Red White and Blue Dessert for the 4th of July
If you follow along, you know that I’m a fan of fruit based bars, desserts, drinks, cocktails, etc. The same is true when I celebrate the red white and blue. So enjoy the 4th with this easy red white and blue dessert, a twist on my super addicting strawberry pie. 😉
As you may know, strawberry pie is my most favorite occasional treat because it reminds me of my childhood. Since my parents will be joining my sister, the kids and I this 4th of July, I thought I’d up my game a bit by turning it into a true red, white and blue dessert to celebrate our Declaration of independence. 🙂
Strawberry Pie Recipe – Red, White and Blue Edition
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 lb of strawberries
- 1 16oz bag of strawberry glaze
- 1 can of whipped cream
- 1 pint of blueberries
- Remove the frozen pie crust from your freezer and let it sit out to thaw, while you preheat your oven as indicated on the frozen pie crust package.
- Once your oven is preheated and your crust it thawed, take a fork and prick the bottom and sides of the pie crust to avoid bubbles as it bakes.
- Place your pie crust in the center of your oven rack and bake it according to the instructions on the frozen pie crust package and/or until golden brown.
- Once done, let the crust cool and start getting the strawberries ready.
- Wash your strawberries and a handful of blueberries and let them dry.
- Once dry, cut off the stems and cut the strawberries in half.
- Once the pie crust is cool, start placing the strawberries into the cooled pie crust (I like to place them in a circular fashion).
- Once all strawberries have been placed, cut a corner off your strawberry glaze bag and pour the entire package over the strawberries, making sure all the strawberries are coated evenly.
- Once coated, grab your blueberries and begin outlining their space on the pie. I suggest making a 5X5 or 6X6 outline for your blueberry triangle and then filling in the space with blueberries as needed.
- Next, you need to spray on the whipped cream to enhance the flag design (hopefully your spray can won’t be as flat as mine was). Start with a line of whipped cream right under your last row of blueberries. Use it as an anchor for adding the other lines. Be as creative as you want here.
- When youŕe done decorating your masterpiece, place the pie in the refrigerator for 1-2 hrs. for it to set.
- Once set, you are ready to enjoy this fabulous red, white and blue dessert!
What’s your favorite red white and blue dessert?
- Valentine’s Day Gift Guide for Her - February 10, 2020
- Rice Stuffing Plus Holiday Wine Pairings with Kuhlman Cellars - November 21, 2019
- 5 New Orleans Must Do’s - November 19, 2019