What can I say? I love making my easy strawberry pie recipe any time of the year. It’s my most favorite occasional treat because it reminds me of my childhood. See, when we were little, my Mom used to take us around town running errands on Saturday mornings and if we were good, she would treat us to a slice of strawberry pie from Klinks (a drug store/diner combo from the early 80’s in McAllen, TX). It was such a wonderful little slice of heaven, that when I grew up and Klinks was no longer around, I made it my mission to figure out how to recreate that little bit of heaven. Below is the easiest recipe I was able to put together.
The best part is that you can make it last minute, you can decorate it to match any occasion and it’s always a crowd pleaser. Have fun and enjoy!
Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 pint of strawberries
- 1 16oz bag of strawberry glaze
- 1 can of whipped cream
- Remove the frozen pie crust from your freezer and let it sit out to thaw, while you preheat your oven as indicated on the frozen pie crust package.
- Once your oven is preheated and your crust it thawed, take a fork and prick the bottom and sides of the pie crust to avoid bubbles as it bakes.
- Place your pie crust in the center of your oven rack and bake it according to the instructions on the frozen pie crust package and/or until golden brown.
- As the crust bakes, wash your strawberries, cut off the stems and cut the strawberries in half.
- Once the crust is baked, let it cool.
Once cool, start placing the strawberries (I like to place them in a circular fashion).
Once all strawberries have been placed, cut a corner off your strawberry glaze bag and pour the entire package over the strawberries (I also glaze in a circular pattern to make sure all the strawberries are coated evenly).
Once coated, place the pie in the refrigerator for 1-2 hrs. for it to set. Once set, spray on the whipped cream as desired and you are ready to enjoy!
This time around I made two strawberry pies for under $9. One was to thank my neighbor for being a great help during the refrigerator fiasco last week and the other was for me to share with my niece and nephew. Needless to say, both were a hit. 😀
If strawberries are your thing and even if they’re not, I highly recommend this easy, fabulous recipe. Enjoy!!
What favorite treat do you like to enjoy regardless of the season?
Latest posts by Rocio Chavez (see all)
- Beginners Guide to Intuitive Eating - February 13, 2019
- Wow with These Envy™ Apple Recipes from Central Market’s Cooking Class - January 23, 2019
- It’s Tamalada Season - December 20, 2018