Facing Your Fears with Pero Like & We Are Mitú Producers
If you’ve ever found yourself swiping through fun, culturally relevant videos that pop up in our feed, chances are one of the following four had something to do with them. They’re entertaining, funny, and even thought provoking. It’s what keeps them at the fore front of digital media. But they, like us, have had times when they had to push through fear to get to where they are today. That’s why I wanted to showcase them in today’s episode of Being Your Sassy Self – Facing your fears with Pero Like & We Are Mitú Producers.
First, let me tell you a little about the digital media platforms they’re a part of and share with you some of their work.
Pero Like is the Latino division of BuzzFeed and is all about creating content for the LatinX community. It’s also where the following 3 brilliantly serve as video producers.
We Are Mitú
We Are Mitú is all about bringing the Latino POV to mainstream entertainment and is also where Jenny Lorenzo serves as video producer.
There’s nothing that makes you pop more on social media than having a viral video or two. These influencers definitely have that and then some. That’s why I wanted to find out a little bit about their journey and how they manage to stay on top of their game. If you’ve ever wondered the same or are a looking for a little encouragement on your path, then you have to check out what they said. And make sure you watch till the very end to see some of their outtakes.
How to Succeed in Digital Media
I don’t know about you, but I love hearing people’s stories and learning about how they got to where they are. No matter how many stories I hear though, there’s always something we share, the fear of the unknown.
Grit and how you deal with that fear is what makes some more successful than others. Unfortunately fear is fueled by ego, that tiny voice inside our head that tries to convince us we’re not good enough, not smart enough, rich enough, skinny enough, funny enough, pretty enough, etc. It’s what keeps us in our comfort zone and keeps us from trying new things.
The truth though is, that we are enough, not when we get rich enough, skinny enough, funny enough, etc., but right now. We are perfect, whole and complete just as we are. We don’t have to live up to anyone else’s standards. The only thing we need to do is figure out what we were put on this earth to do.
The Day You Find Out Why
It’s when we find our purpose and share it with the world, that we finally acknowledge our true selves and acknowledge what the world has already known, no one can do IT like we can. So of course it makes sense that this is when we feel our life shift and finally begin to feel like life is happening for us vs. happening to us. That’s because when we find purpose, we become laser focused on fine tuning it and making it the best thing we can do with our life. Because of that, we let go of fear and ego and open ourselves us up to new possibilities and new perspectives. It’s also what helps us realize that failure is not something to be feared, but rather something that needs to happen to help us learn and grow along the way.
The trick is finding out what IT is for you. So as you embark on your journey, wherever it may lead, remember to be gentle and loving with yourself along the way. And surround yourself with positive, encouraging people like the four fabulous digital content creators I highlighted today.
What fears are you ready to face on your path toward living the life you want?
Latest posts by Rocio Chavez (see all)
- Rice Stuffing Plus Holiday Wine Pairings with Kuhlman Cellars - November 21, 2019
- 5 New Orleans Must Do’s - November 19, 2019
- Travel Guide – Two Days in Edinburgh - October 24, 2019
More from my site
- Tid Bits on How to Gain Local News Coverage for Your Story/Cause
- #FestivalPeople Was a Great Precursor to #HispanicHeritageMonth
- How to Let Passion, Not Fear, Be Your Decision Maker, with Anu Gunn
- Redefining Failure with Jeannette Kaplun of Hispana Global
- How to Leverage Your Skills, Mentors, & Advocates to Land Your Dream Job with Latina CEO Janie M. Gonzalez
- Talking Hustle, Heart, and Passion with Becky Boricua
Share With Friends:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Mix (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)