With us being smack dab in the middle of the giving season, I thought it is a good a time as any to share that I’m joining the the 100 Good Deeds organization in setting New Year’s resolutions that do something for someone else, vs. purely concentrating on personal resolutions. So while losing weight, living a healthy life style and finding love are still tops on my list for 2015, I’m now adding the 100 Good Deeds (1GD) bracelet and the #DeedADay movement.
These bracelets are designed by Mary Fisher, author, artists and AIDS advocate; and are made by vulnerable women who’ve been trained for this work in Uganda, India, Indonesia, Zambia, South Africa, Rwanda, and IniInand Haiti. This project gives women a way to support their families through earnings, while empowering them to also contribute to good deeds around the world. Proceeds from the 100 Good Deeds bracelets are reinvested in the program to provide more women and girls with more training in more countries. So as you can see, the 100 Good Deeds bracelet is not only a fashion statement that allows you to move the ring on the bracelet closer to the button, with each good deed, but a great way to give back to the wonderful women who create them.
The beauty about good deeds is that you not only get to help someone through acts of kindness, but you inturn do wonders for yourself. Because when you give without expecting anything in return, life always finds a way to give back. Imagine what a beautiful place it would be if we all did a good deed a day. The 100 Good Deeds bracelet gives us 100 changes to, while reminding us to be grateful for what we have. Together we can change the world, one deed, one bead, one act of kindness at a time.
Then visit the 100 Good Deeds website: http://www.100gooddeeds.org/ and follow them:
- On Facebook: www.facebook.com/The100GoodDeedsBracelet
- On Twitter: @The1GDBracelet (Don’t forget to join the #GNO and #DeedADay Conversation on Twitter 12/30 at 9pm ET!)
- On Instagram: @The1GDBracelet
- Or even pin an image from The 100 Good Deeds Bracelet #DeedADay Pinterest board! You can view their board here.
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post but I was gifted the 100 Good Deeds bracelet featured. However, my love for the everything shared here is my own.
- Valentine’s Day Gift Guide for Her - February 10, 2020
- Rice Stuffing Plus Holiday Wine Pairings with Kuhlman Cellars - November 21, 2019
- 5 New Orleans Must Do’s - November 19, 2019