Outdoor Party Planning Fun + Super Easy Glass Cover Tutorial
Thanks Big Lots for sponsoring this post. However, all thoughts and opinions about their fabulousness are my own.
I don’t know about you, but summers make my heart sing. They’re what I look forward to all year because to me, it’s the perfect opportunity to do some outdoor party planning and spend time with family and friends just because. Not because it’s the holidays or a family occasion, but because the weather’s perfect. And what’s nicer than chillin’, catching up and enjoying time together outdoors, by water and/or enjoying a nice backyard BBQ?
To make sure it all goes off without a hitch, may I suggest you do a little outdoor party planning? Just a few considerations before the actual event can make all the difference. Here are the ones that have done wonders for me.
Besides the obvious ones of checking the weather, deciding who to invite, what to serve and making nice, nice with your neighbors so they contact you with any party issues instead of the police, you need to create an inviting ambience. For me that always starts with seating, which is why that’s been my priority this summer. From creating intimate spaces on my deck,
to updating my patio with comfortable, portable chairs, it all makes a difference.
To add to the comfort level consider finding ways to keep the bugs away from your guests and their food.
- Scatter bug spray and citronella torches & candles through out your seating area.
- Set up a covered trash can away from the seating area to keep from inviting more unwanted guests into your party.
- Consider having extra foil, plastic wrap or wire mesh on hand to cover the food and beverages, and/or having serving pieces with lids like this super cute glass barrel jar with wood carrying handle (which reminds me of vendors selling their aguas frescas on the street).
Coverage is key in keeping the gnats, flies and other pesky critters out of your food and drink. And believe it or not, coffee filters can work wonders in covering up your drinks. And their super easy to convert into glass covers. All you have to do is take the coffee filter, fold it in half, fold in half again, and cut the tip. Check out my quick tutorial below.
Once you’ve got that set, you’re ready to set the mood. Light your candles, torches and any other extra lighting. Set out your disposable dinnerware. Get your favorite playlist going and wait for your guests to arrive.
Thanks to Big Lots selection and prices, you’ll always be able to find everything you’ll ever need for any outdoor gathering. Even when you’re not hosting. Whether you’re hitting the beach, the lake or a party at your friend’s, you’ll arrive in style with this super cute, fashionable travel cooler.
So what are you waiting for? Head on over to Big Lots to get these finds and so much more.
What summer must have do you include in your outdoor party planning?
Latest posts by Rocio Chavez (see all)
- The Magik Theatre = Family Fun - April 3, 2019
- Beginners Guide to Intuitive Eating - February 13, 2019
- Wow with These Envy™ Apple Recipes from Central Market’s Cooking Class - January 23, 2019