WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to this Website: This Website may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to this Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: This Website may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: This Website automatically collects certain information about you and the device with which you access this Website. For example, when you use this Website, the Website will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed this Website. This Website may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded within posts and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. These tracking pixels allow the sponsoring company to see which links you click and allows the embedded content to behave in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
On this Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, this Website may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows this Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
You may Opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by this Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
If you leave a comment on this Website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
This Website may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain this Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website; or,
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
This Website may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. Additionally, this Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of this Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. This Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Mailchimp – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. ConvertKit stores your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
- Eventbrite – From time to time, the Website will offer tickets to events, which are available for purchase through Eventbrite. Personal information such as your name and email address, will be transferred to the Website for administering the event. Payment information is processed soley through Eventbrite and is not stored by the Website.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time at this Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, this Website will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, this Website may disclose or transfer personal information collected through this Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
This Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that this Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. Notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
From time to time, this Website may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.