Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #cbias
As you know, at the beginning of the year I made a vow to lose 10 lbs and keep them off. I finally lost 10 lbs last month and am now working to lose a few more, while working on keeping the weight I’ve lost so far, off for good. While I still tend to turn to food for comfort, my clean eating and intuitive/mindful eating journey have gone a long way in helping me stop and think before I do. Instead of wiping yummy foods out of my life forever, I’ve decided to find ways to revamp them to make them healthier. Enter my Quick & Healthy Alfredo Sauce with Lifeway #KefirCreations.
For my recipe revamp, I decided to take Rachel Ray’s 5 ingredient Fettuccine Alfredo recipe and make my own substitutions for a healthier alfredo sauce and meal. Here’s what you’ll need.
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients:
- 5 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups Lifeway Kefir Lowfat Coconut-Chia Cultured Milk Smoothie
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 pound pasta (which ever type you prefer) I love penne pasta because it seems to hold more sauce than any of the others 😉
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms (or whichever your favs are)
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley or basil
- dash of red pepper flakes – I like my pasta spicy 😉
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions, with at least 1 tablespoon of salt, until al dente. (Remember to reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water before draining it)
And it’s totally healthy, creamy, cheesy, filling, and yummy tasting – good stuff! I must say that the coconut flavor through out is refreshing, but if coconut is not your thing, then feel free to use the Lifeway Kefir Lowfat Plain Cultured Milk Smoothie and olive oil. Click here to sign up for Lifeway coupons.
Either way, I think this healthy alternative will be a hit because Lifeway Kefir is a smooth, tart, refreshing cousin of yogurt, often thought of as the “Champagne of Dairy.” It contains 12 live and active Probiotic cultures that support the immune system and balance digestive health. It is naturally Gluten Free, 99% Lactose Free, contains No Artificial Sweeteners, and is rich in Calcium. Lifeway also only uses milk that comes from cows that are not treated with pesticides, antibiotics, or synthetic growth hormones. The cows are grass fed and GMO free.
How can you not love that? Total homerun in the clean eating world. 😀
What swaps have you made when trying to make meals healthier?
Latest posts by Rocio Chavez (see all)
- It’s Tamalada Season - December 20, 2018
- Customize Your Look with eShakti FX - December 14, 2018
- Texas Wine Country Offers Fab Wines & Amazing Backdrops - November 6, 2018