Rice Stuffing Plus Holiday Wine Pairings with Kuhlman Cellars
The Holidays are just around the corner. Whether you’re hosting holiday gatherings at your house or attending them, it’s nice to be able to offer good eats and drinks. Enter this easy to make rice stuffing plus holiday wine pairings with Kuhlman Cellars.
I don’t know about you, but for me the holidays are more about having a good time and making memories, than they are about slaving away trying to make everything perfect. That’s why this easy to make rice stuffing is a fab option to share with your family and friends. The best part is that you can make it the day of, or prepare it ahead of time. That way you have one less thing to worry about. Here’s what you’ll need.
Rice Stuffing Ingredients:
- 1 9 oz pkg of yellow rice
- 1 lb sausage of your choice, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/4 large onion, chopped
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 4 bell peppers (optional)
How to Make Rice Stuffing
Add olive oil to a large pan. Cook chopped sausage, onion, celery, mushrooms, salt and pepper over medium heat. Stir as needed. Allow it to cook until everything is cooked through. Then you can store it for later or continue onto the rice.
How to Make Stuffed Peppers
Wash the bell peppers, cut the tops, and remove the seeds. Fill the peppers with the rice stuffing and top with your favorite cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted, and the peppers are cooked through. Serve warm.
Add in fab wines from Kuhlman Cellars and you’re bound to spend more time chit chatting and topping off your guests’ glasses, than huddled in the kitchen. Just another reason why this is my favorite time of the year.
Holiday Wine Pairings
- 2016 Alluvé is considered an “Everyday Drinking Wine,” with notes of bright red fruit, bramble, anise, and thyme. This light and elegant wine is reflective of the unique Texas Terroir.
- 2018 Hensell Rosé has a nice light strawberry color and is a beautiful blend of hand harvested fruit, including Grenache and Cinsault from the Texas High Plains. The nose is very nice with red berries such as cassis and sweet violet aromas.
- 2018 Estate Kuhlmanation White is a crystalline yellow straw color with a beautiful blend of Marsanne and Roussanne 100% from the Estate Vineyard, harvested at the end of July 2018. Aromas of jasmine flower and fresh white peaches invite the mouthwatering acidity combined with honeysuckle and lemon drop flavors.
What’s your favorite easy to make holiday recipe or Kuhlman Cellars wine?
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post, but I was provided with the Kuhlman Thanksgiving trio. Don’t worry though, all opinions of their fabulousness are my own! However this post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase something via those links Your Sassy Self receives a small percentage of the profits. Thanks for your support!
Latest posts by Rocio Chavez (see all)
- Rice Stuffing Plus Holiday Wine Pairings with Kuhlman Cellars - November 21, 2019
- 5 New Orleans Must Do’s - November 19, 2019
- Travel Guide – Two Days in Edinburgh - October 24, 2019