This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DropShopAndOil #CollectiveBias
Ah Valentine’s Day, what a lovely reminder to be romantic. I know it’s become a pressure cooker, where men often find themselves rushing into the corner market for last minute cards, flowers, and chocolates to take home. But I’m here to let you in on a little secret, planning romantic getaways may be easier for you to do than you think. And it saves you from having to give your significant other wilted flowers and/or half eaten chocolates at the 12th hr, resulting in those unforgiving stares. You know the ones.
As a diligent planner and lover of romantic getaways, here are a few things I’ve learned along the way.
First, while Caribbean Island giveaways are the dream, nothing beats a short road trip (generally a destination less than 2 hrs away).
Why? Because it’s:
- cost effective,
- easy to plan,
- you can make it a day trip if needed,
- you’re close enough should any disaster arise at home (which should put your minds at ease)
- and because it’s always fun to discover cute little quaint towns, parks, and trails near your home.
With that said, here are some things you’ll need to be ready to take on your romantic adventure.
Of course it all starts with a fine tuned automobile. Nothing kills the vibe more than being stuck on the side of the road with a broken down vehicle. To help keep me out of that danger zone I trust Pennzoil and my local Walmart’s Automotive Care Center to take great care of my Foxy Roxy (yes, that’s my car’s name ).
- All Pennzoil products help clean out the sludge lesser oils leave behind.
- Pennzoil is designed for complete protection and will allow you to drive an extra 550 miles per year vs. a dirty engine.
- No other motor oil provides better protection from friction
- Pennzoil offers a High Mileage Vehicle oil, perfect for my Foxy Roxy, which helps to reduce leaks and oil consumption in worn or higher mileage engines. It’s a motor oil that is specifically designed for new or late model vehicles with over 75,000 miles, to help keep the engines running clean and going strong for a long time.
- Pennzoil also offers a free warranty that covers 15 engine parts that may fail due to engine wear or which experience abnormal wear due to friction. (For more information, check out the Pennzoil Warranty Site.)
The added bonus is that once you drop off your car, you are then free to roam your neighborhood Walmart to purchase drinks, snacks, disposable fine china and any other odds and ends for your trip. I generally always pack some water, wine, chocolate, fruits, nuts, a blanket, wine bottle opener, napkins, disposable glasses, plates, forks, knives, etc. This makes it easy to pull over when we see a nice spot to enjoy each other, our surroundings and a nice refreshing snack.
Because I’m a fan of the open road and exploring roads off the beaten path, may I suggest you also pack a sense of adventure. This doesn’t mean just go where the open road leads you. By all means pack your map and/or make sure you travel with your smart phone to get you out of a pinch, but that’s how you can find some of the most beautiful spots.
Also make sure you plan a sound track for the trip. This doesn’t mean you should go out and make a mix tape by any stretch of the imagination, but make sure you carry your favorite CD’s, MP3’s, or have your phones/radio tuned to your favorite stations.
Next find fun games to play. For the trip itself, I love a good question game. I found these for when you’re just getting to know each other and these for when you’re already in a relationship. Cards and/or your favorite board game would be great for something to do once you get to your destination.
The point is to just relax, have fun and enjoy your time together. With that said, I’m honored to be able to share with you a once in a lifetime opportunity to be one of three lucky winners who can enter to win a trip to one of the Richard Petty Driving Experiences (each trip valued at $1,100). Yes, if you win that means you get to climb into a NASCAR car for an adrenaline-pumping experience that simulates real NASCAR driving. How cool is that? So please share this opportunity will your friends and family.
But remember, getting away is a state of mind and whether you decide to plan a romantic staycation or a more involved romantic getaway somewhere new and exciting – relax and enjoy!!
What have been your favorite romantic getaways?
Latest posts by Rocio Chavez (see all)
- Save Time & Money – Renew Your Prescription with 1-800 Contacts ExpressExam - October 15, 2018
- Ultimate Guide to the State Fair of Texas - October 10, 2018
- Puerto Vallarta – Labor Day Weekend - September 19, 2018