If you’ve been following my blog, you know that since I started blogging I’ve lost a dress size and have been able to keep it off for a year using intuitive eating, not diets to get me there. It is because of this that I decided to share my Top 5 Intuitive Eating Go To Sites (besides my own of course), which I tend to visit when I feel like I’m not listening as closely as I should to my intuitive eating habits.
Yes it’s generally a slower process than diets can be, however the advantage is that I’m making a life change so that I can, one day, leave my weight loss goals behind and merely focus on weight management. If you’re new to the Intuitive Eating concept however, which is such a departure from dieting, it’s a struggle to know how to handle your new relationship with food once left to your own devices again, because of years of following various regimented diet plans and honing your diet skills. To help, here are my
Top 5 Intuitive Eating Go To Sites:
- Of course my first go to site is the one created by the originators of Intuitive Eating – Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD and Elyse Resch, MS, RDN, CEDRD, Fiaedp, FADA – http://www.intuitiveeating.org
- Next is Josie Spinardi.com, which is sprinkled with various motivational videos and explanations on how to live a hunger directed lifestyle.
- Next are a couple of sites by Lauren Bersaglio – http://honouringappetite.wordpress.com and http://intuitiveeating.tumblr.com
- Then there’s The inside scoop on intuitive eating by Christie Inge
- Finally there’s Katie Heddleston’s intuitive eating blog posts.
Of course, there are many more fabulous sites out there, but these are my current go to’s for inspiration, guidance and overall intuitive eating cheerleading.
If like me, you’re currently on this journey or looking for the best way to make a shift from lifelong dieting to a true lifestyle change, check these sites out along with my Health and Wellness section for more great info on intuitive eating!
What is currently keeping you tied to the diet mentality? What about making the shift to intuitive eating worries you or scares you the most?