If you hadn’t heard, Oprah and Deepak Chopra have joined forces and started a new 21-Day Meditation Challenge on Miraculous Relationships. As usual, I signed myself right up. Being in a relationship for this notoriously single gal has not been easy, so I´m open to receiving help from anything and anyone. 🙂 I wasn’t sure how helpful this 21-Day Meditation Challenge would be, but so far, I’ve been impressed. After week one, here are a few of the wonderful centering thoughts and insights I’ve gained about love and relationships.
- Today I am open to the presence of miracles – I know the word miracle can be a bit much for some, but I like that the challenge started day one by explaining that we should consider a miracle, like a gift waiting to be discovered with the help of a fresh new perspective, which comes when we allow ourselves to stay connected and aware of what is going on in the moment (living in the moment).
- I am a radiant spiritual being – This thought is about ignoring our EGO, (our need to identity in our roles in life, our personality, our work, our body, our culture, our stories of the past, and our dreams for the future) which asks us to focus on the temporary, external aspects of ourselves and instead focus on our true self, which is made of pure love and is all that is required for any relationship to flourish. Hate to break it to you, but happiness does lie within us. 😉 We don’t need anything or anyone else if we’re connected to the love that is already within us, and are focused on expressing it in all of our relationships.
- I am a wondrous miracle of life – This thought reminds us that although our EGO is the source of our fear and suffering, we shouldn’t try to ignore it or get rid of it because that may only intensify the drama and struggles in our lives. Instead, we should focus on embracing all aspects of our self, letting the healing that comes with self-acceptance work miracles in our lives. To that end, we should quite the mind and open our hearts to ourselves to feel the love that has been there all along.
- As I love and honor myself, my relationships blossom – This thought asks us to always see ourselves with loving awareness, to acknowledge that everything we need is already inside us. To help this thought, we should also silently repeat “I see you, I accept you, I love you” three times and then open ourselves to receive. Although many of us were taught that it is better to give than to receive, the flow of love in our lives depends upon our ability to receive and to care for ourselves.
- I am a perfect, divine creation – This thought reminds us to practice daily self-care. If you don’t already do this, start by making a list of the loving things you can do for yourself this week and set an intention to complete at least one of the items on your list every day. Post this list somewhere where you can see it or schedule a daily reminder on your calendar to ensure that we allow ourselves to be completely loved and completely lovable. Despite what you may have been conditioned to believe, there is nothing that you have to do or achieve to be worthy of love. Your true self is pure love and you are already infinitely precious exactly as you are and your soul loves you unconditionally. The approval rating of your ego, however, is fickle and forever shifting. Your ego may approve of your performance one day and then the next day judge you as inadequate or lacking. As we shift from identifying with our ego’s insecurities and fears, we open to the gifts of the soul. It all begins with self-awareness. Each day as we spend time in the inner quiet of meditation, our awareness will expand and awaken us to love.
- I cherish the beauty in myself and others – When you feel out of balance, anxious, or alone, pause for a moment and take a few moments to close your eyes and sit quietly, feeling your heart as a soft, warm enclosure. Let your attention settle there and rest as long as you wish. This field of pure potentiality is within you. It is your inner space that gives rise to all of the divine qualities – love, grace, abundance, joy, creativity, and freedom. You are a unique expression of everything in existence, and you shine with the beauty of a million stars.
- I am love. I am eternal. I am spirit – There is a saying in India’s ancient Vedic tradition: “If you want to recreate the world, look at it with fresh eyes.” Today have the intention to see one thing as if for the first time. Look without the camouflage of your memories. Sometimes the hardest thing is to truly see someone we have known for a long time, such as our partner, child, or friend. We assume we know who they are, and so we stop seeing. It is also important to look at yourself as though doing so for the first time. We may assume that we know ourselves, but as we are discovering, who we are is much more than our limited ego-mind can envision. Through the eyes of your true self, take a few moments to consider how truly magnificent you really are.
For me, week one left me feeling engulfed by love and I hope it does the same for you. I know it’s a lot of information, but sit wth each of these centering thoughts and commit to giving yourself a lot more slack than you have ever given yourself. It’s hard to do sometimes, but so refreshing and worth while. 😀
What great and wonderful things will you do to honor yourself this week? Who or what will you look at with fresh eyes?
Latest posts by Rocio Chavez (see all)
- Customize Your Look with eShakti FX - December 14, 2018
- Texas Wine Country Offers Fab Wines & Amazing Backdrops - November 6, 2018
- Save Time & Money – Renew Your Prescription with 1-800 Contacts ExpressExam - October 15, 2018