Here’s a run down of the ingredients I tend to add in, but feel free to mix and match any other veggies and/or spices that move you.
- 2 6oz cans tuna
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onions
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 raw eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp oil (olive oil, coconut oil, ghee, or your fav)
Drain the tuna and place in a medium mixing bowl
Now add in the finely chopped cilantro, onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, eggs, salt and pepper to taste and mix together.
Place your large non-stick skillet over medium heat, pour in your oil of choice ( I used coconut oil), allow it to warm and pour in 2 Tbsps of mixture, per cake (Space evenly in skillet. You can usually get 4 cakes in your skillet).
Cook until nicely browned on each side – depending on cake size it may take anywhere from 3-4 mins (don’t flip before browned or your cake may fall apart ).
We usually served ours with boiled eggs, topped with hot sauce. But you can serve yours with lemon wedges, a tarter dipping sauce and/or even on buns as sliders. The options are endless.
What are you favorite tuna and/or meatless recipes?
- Valentine’s Day Gift Guide for Her - February 10, 2020
- Rice Stuffing Plus Holiday Wine Pairings with Kuhlman Cellars - November 21, 2019
- 5 New Orleans Must Do’s - November 19, 2019